Campaign of the Month: October 2011
Gamma World: Oasis
Once a mutated, dumb pile of moss, sluggishly moving from point A to point B, when Kudzu became sentient and found wheels things changed. Kudzu is now lichen-on-wheels.
- Plant/motorcycle hybrid (not sure of exact biology/mechanics of this).
- Occupation: Witch Doctor.
- Has little patience for diplomacy. (Iron King, Part 1)
- Has shown a surprising level of accuracy with high-powered rifles. (Iron King, Part 1)
- Doesn’t really grasp even the basic concepts of computers. (Iron King, Part 2)
- Rumors of an intimate relationship with an exercise bike are highly exaggerated. (Iron King, Part 2)
- Highly proficient in destroying robots. (Iron King, Part 3)
- Becomes bitterly angry when his allies are felled – expresses this anger by running things over. (Iron King, Part 3)
- Despite his pseudo-mechanical nature, doesn’t really understand how motorized vehicles work. (Heart of Gold)
- Not a big fan of fishmen. (Heart of Gold)
- Plays in traffic. (Heart of Gold)
- For a plant-type, a bit of a technophile – is highly considering becoming half-robot. (Famine in Far-Go, Part 2)
It was in the “before time”. Once a lowly, lonely Pueraria lobata, doing little but hanging around other trees in Japan near a Kawasaki corporation plant (the building of things kind, not the kudzu kind).
The “bright time” came, bringing with it chaos, lots of energy from the bright light and extensive spectrum of radiation that popped up all around the plant. After a few generations and growth spurts, Kudzu started changing. “He” had feelings. Weird, strange, fuzzy things. And never mind the bugs.
One hot Nipponese afternoon, Kudzu spied a half-torn apart Ninja motorcycle remnant from the Kawasaki corporation plant that once was. Odd thing about the Ninja motorcycle was its presence at this manufacturing facility. This facility was, in the before times, Kawasaki’s heavy industries research and development headquarters. Nothing average was ever done here. The Kawasaki Ninja ZZ-2500_v.ba motorcycle was intended for the Nippon Self Defense Force Special Forces squad. Fat, run-flat sticky tires; graphene coated titanium alloy engine and exhaust, Mr. Fusion fuel cells, and a wicked array of firepower micro-hardpoints accentuated this Ninja.
Kudzu was in love. He spread his stolons out to the bike and over time sought out every nook and cranny of the cycle. One late “after times” evening, when the sun set in its purple glory, Kudzu-Kawasaki rose from the ashes of the forlorn plant (both kinds) and rode off to find the new adventures which awaited…