Campaign of the Month: October 2011
Gamma World: Oasis
A mushroom-person from deep beneath the earth, a seer, a sage amongst his peers. Why come here?
- Animate mushroom with humanoid features.
- Has shown abilities that seem precognitive.
- Occupation: “Doctor”.
- Armor of choice: tuna-can scale-mail (light).
- Weapons of choice: baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire (light two-handed melee), spores (light one-handed thrown), puns.
- Tends to forget own name. (Iron King, Part 1)
- Shown to be dangerous with head-mounted laser weapon systems. (Iron King, Part 1)
- No, really. (Iron King, Part 2)
- Has poor spacial awareness, finding himself in disadvantageous positions during combat (Iron King, Part 2)
- Expresses some borderline personality – not certain if this is unique, or a part of the mushroom-people culture. (Iron King, Part 2)
- For example, grows despondent if things don’t go his way. (Iron King, Part 3)
- Seems to have an innate hatred for lagomorphs and their mutated brethren. (Iron King, Part 3)
- Proven to be an excellent vehicle-gunner. (Heart of Gold)
- Releases spores at the lightest provocation. (Heart of Gold)
- Despite having a face that would look best in Horrible Diseases Quarterly, actually has a personable demeanor, and has proven to be quite the diplomat (may be a combination of psionics and spores). (Famine in Far-Go, Part 1)
- Short-term memory issues. (Famine in Far-Go, Part 1)
- Quick to exploit the mentally weak. (Famine in Far-Go, Part 2)
- Short-term memory issues. (The Eradicator)
- Destroyer of robots. (The Eradicator)
Dr. Rosencrantz Rodriguez Matango Esquire and whatever surnames he feels to add… but most call him Matango!
Matango was born in a radioactive swamp, the only fungal creature with sapience in his swamp. Of course, that didn’t stop him from making friends with the lichens and moss and that cute yeast chick from Calculus. Mmm… he wouldn’t mind fermenting that, if you catch my drift… ahem, anyways. Matango spent his abilities healing the swamp around him whenever damaged by critters, then eating the critters. Especially rabbits. F*** rabbits.
Of course, years of living in the swamp taught him something. The swamp f***ing sucks. Determined to set forth in adventure and put his healing abilities to good use, he left the swamp and learned to be a Troubleshooter. Now he takes jobs and pokes fun of the
plastic doodoo face Gak and is total bros with Rock Alien Dude. Oh, and he’s a doctor now. Following the Hippopotamus Oath, Matango is dedicated to saving lives, even if it kills them! Kinda happens when you assume everyone is a fungus. Silly mammalians and their inability to regrow their limbs.
Such is the life of Matango, the Psychotic Eukaryotic, the Bold Mold, the Humongous Fungus Among Us, the Beast of a Yeast, the Spiking Lichen… ok a bit of a stretch…
PS: Fungi rule, plants drool!